Saturday, February 4, 2012

Change, it isn't what it used to be:

Goodness what one reads on the web and hears on the TV news. If one was to believe everything one reads and sees, well, let's be honest, no ones is that stupid.

I do realize that there are those who have voted one way for decades, just because they have never changed ideologies. However, for many of us, it is a matter of how we see our changing world. We may not like what we see, but we can only change that which is in our grasp to change.

I do know, and I'm not sure why exactly, but it does appear that republican politicians do tend to lean toward the idealism that if CEO's and other corporate heads get to keep more money then the rest of us, they will provide more jobs. Which, if one looks back in history as far as the 1920's, as we all know now, it does not work that way. Because if it did, then millions of Americans would not be out of work right now: plus, millions of [legitamet] home owners would not be without the homes they [legally] purchased during the first ten years of this century.

Dreded politics: yes, many people blame politics for the ills of our economy: which, if anybody is paying attention, has improved a lot in the past year. However, if politics is to blame, then we all can be blamed as well, because those who vote, are part of the political system too. Not just Democrats, but republicans as well.

I could rant and rave about how politics could hurt millions more people then all ready have been hurt over the last decade, just by voteing one ticket or the other. However, I'm not sure really if it would do much good. As I see politics, there are those politicians who work for the American People; Then there are those politicians who work more for the corporate heads, just because they can get more benefits then the other politicians, from *those corporate heads. It is merely a matter of hiding those other *benefits better then the other guy or gal in congress. We, as tax, payers pay politicians a salary plus benefits, for working for the American People.

No comments:

Post a Comment